Yes, if you are named on a lease, you may use electronic (ACH) bank payments to pay your rent, deposit, or any other Elkins Apartments charges (sorry, you can’t buy ice cream or beverages this way). If you are a third-party, such as a parent, they may set up an electronic payment account using our third-party form.
Note, that in the portal, there are also options for Credit/Debit cards and Cash. These are handled solely by RealPage Payment Services and incur various fees. For CCs, its a flat $51 per transaction. Hefty, not in our control, and your call whether you really want to pay with a card.
BUT ACH is easy and you’ll never be late again if you setup autopayments!
To make an electronic ACH payment, you need to have access to your account in the Elkins Apartments Tenant Account Portal.
- Login to the portal
- Setup online banking accounts
- Make Payments
Some things to note:
- Payments are due on the 15th. Online payments are a convenience. If you have trouble making an online payment, this does not change the due date for the payment.
- Transactions will appear on your banking statement as “Elkins Apartments” or “Telko, Inc. dba Elkins Apartments” or a variation of these depending on the length of the field your bank allows.
- The bank processor adds a small $2.00 convenience charge to all electronic bank transactions processed through the portal.
- You can also set up auto billing so your account is automatically charged every month for the same amount.
- Again, there IS an option to use a credit card or debit card. This is entirely handled and supported by our third party processor. This was added at the request of tenants who had emergencies. The processor charges a $51 flat fee for this. We do not control nor receive any of that fee. If you do not wish to pay the fee, then simply do not use a credit or debit card.
Let us know if you have any problems. Thanks again for living in one of our homes for rent, apartments, or townhomes throughout Bloomington, Indiana. We very much appreciate your staying with us.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure payment is received in the office by the end of the day on the 15th of the month. Technical issues, problems setting up your account, especially if you wait until the last minute to try to make an electronic payment, will not absolve you of any delinquency that occurs as a result. Bottom line: electronic doesn’t mean wait until the last minute, which is never a good idea!